R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had their Nav 5 go into freak out mode after trying to do an update? I contacted Garmin and they instructed me to press the bottom right of screen and power it up, but it cycles through location, language, then simply resets.

Anyone know of a fix for this situation?

Thanks!

ps. I'm working with Garmin tech support so if a solution is found I'll post here as well

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw, for those interested -

To perform a master reset on a BMW Motorrad Navigator V/VI device:

Start with the device off and unplugged from power
To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, touch and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
Touch and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
Power on the device
"System" will appear on the screen for approximately 30 seconds
Remove your finger when the screen displays Loading...
The device will automatically reset. Follow the on screen prompts to set your locale and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.

In my case, it just cycles, never actually acquiring satellites :/

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've had a few issues with both my Zumo 660 and later my Navigator V. Both times I have solved the problem by taking the battery out for 30 seconds and then refitting it.
It may not help yours but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
End result was a call into Garmin and the gave me an R/A #

Sending in the unit for a replacement. Well, the only upside is it's winter and I'm not riding much right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts