R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I thought the US version of Nav6 have a 5 year warranty unlike the European versions?
I have one US unit also and it developed ghosting. Contacted Garmin and they said it has only 1 year warranty?? Thats weird. Can someone post up where it says its a 5 year warranty??
Attaching their email response:
Hello XXXXXXX,
Thank you for choosing Garmin. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your device will need to come into Garmin. I will be happy to set up a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) to address your issue. All Garmin products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase.

We can do this one of two ways, your choice.

1) Future Shipment: This is the standard exchange where you send your device to us first. Then we send you the replacement device. Most customers go this route. No credit card or deposit is needed.

2) Immediate Shipment: If you need the device right away, you provide a credit card deposit equal to the price of the replacement unit. We would ship out your replacement same or next day. When we get your device back we credit the deposit back to your credit card. $360 US

Which way would you like to go?

XXXXXX
Product Support
Garmin International

·
Survivor
782 Posts
If you want it soon then pay the $360 deposit. They are replacing your device so it sounds like, warranty or not, they are standing behind their product Mine was over three years old when they replaced it. I did not have to wait for the old one to be in their possession before they shipped my new one, nor did I have to put down a deposit. Perhaps they have different policies for different countries, or they have been having problems with people not returning their defective device and instituted the deposit policy. Either way, you will be getting a new device at no cost to you.

·
Super Moderator
946 Posts
I don't remember seeing anywhere how long the warranty was on my Nav VI but they replaced it no questions asked on my 5 year old unit. It may have been just a month or two under 5 years since original purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my Nav VI a year ago and had the ghosting problem from day one. I didn't even know that it was a known problem until I called Garmin for support. They told me that it was a defect and offer a replacement. I chose the second method (see the original post) Immediate Shipment. I got another new Nav VI and got my deposit back promptly (forgot the exact amount). I think you should choose the 2nd method.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Guys I thought the US version of Nav6 have a 5 year warranty unlike the European versions?
I have one US unit also and it developed ghosting. Contacted Garmin and they said it has only 1 year warranty?? Thats weird. Can someone post up where it says its a 5 year warranty??
Attaching their email response:
Hello XXXXXXX,
Thank you for choosing Garmin. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your device will need to come into Garmin. I will be happy to set up a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) to address your issue. All Garmin products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase.

We can do this one of two ways, your choice.

1) Future Shipment: This is the standard exchange where you send your device to us first. Then we send you the replacement device. Most customers go this route. No credit card or deposit is needed.

2) Immediate Shipment: If you need the device right away, you provide a credit card deposit equal to the price of the replacement unit. We would ship out your replacement same or next day. When we get your device back we credit the deposit back to your credit card. $360 US

Which way would you like to go?

XXXXXX
Product Support
Garmin International
I was told by my BMW dealer that if I purchased the Nav6 with the bike (or within a month) the warranty on it will be the same as the bike which is 36 months. I decided to get the Zumo XT instead with the Touratech cradle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts