R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's nearly useless as it doesn't extend out far enough to shade the screen from about 1pm to 3pm with the heading west and from 10am to 1pm headed east.

I took the chance it would make a big difference, it really only helps for about 2-3 hours total on a days ride.

Anyone had the same experience, know of a better solution or are there wider sun shades available for the NAV 4?

thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
A friend of mine went the duct tape and cardboard method to make a custom extended snout. Looks like hammered shit but seems to work.

I bought a bike that came with a Nav IV and I tried to use it but went back to my phone with the free Here We Go app and downloaded free maps so I don't use data.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's nearly useless as it doesn't extend out far enough to shade the screen from about 1pm to 3pm with the heading west and from 10am to 1pm headed east.

I took the chance it would make a big difference, it really only helps for about 2-3 hours total on a days ride.

Anyone had the same experience, know of a better solution or are there wider sun shades available for the NAV 4?

thanks
Shapeways makes 3D printed sunshades for NAV V and NAV VI models. Maybe one of theirs will fit on a NAV IV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts