R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200GS
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

Had the ghost screen issues, and Garmin replaced the unit (good on Garmin - I bought the old one with a scratched screen and Garmin had no issue sending a perfect refurbished replacement unit). The new unit worked fine.

A week later I tried to use a phone charger/mount that connected into the Nav cradle. It didn't work and, worse, seems to have messed up one of the pins in the cradle (see picture below). I pushed the pin back to its correct alignment, but could there be a break in the connection at this point?

I ask because now the Nav is not turning on with the bike, and if I turn it on before mounting it, it doesn't get a charge and doesn't respond to the WonderWheel.

My guess is that I need to replace the connection unit in the cradle, but just wondering if anyone has any other thoughts and/or anything else to try?

Anyone have a connection unit for sale? I'll be monitoring the Marketplace . . . .

Thanks,
Nate
Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Grille Gadget Carbon

·
Registered
24 Posts
The first pair is the power, the second pair is the ground. Check if there is continuity and if there is any voltage. It should be 12 vdc, same as the bike's battery.
Font Number Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you checked the fuses under the seat near gas tank. There is a 7.5 and 10 amp I believe. Just in case. I would have thought the left pin would still have 12vdc to ground and maybe the right pin that got bent some how shorted to ground. Won't hurt to check.

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200GS
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked the fuses under the seat near gas tank.
Good thought! But they are not burnt. New cradle mount connector is on the way. I think the expensive bit is going to be the culprit this time. I'll report back, so stay tuned - I'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge (SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!) Sorry - got carried away . . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts