R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My new Nav VI has randomly rebooted a couple of times now. I did update the unit when I first got the bike (450 miles ago). Not sure if I can expect this to be an ongoing issue so wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
35 Posts
My unit started doing that every now and then over a 8 mth period. I did all the software updates but it kept having the odd moment so the dealer changed it out on warranty. So far the replacement unit has been well behaved.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine did that and acted like someone was touching the screen. Contact Garmin as they were great for me. I am on my 3rd Nav VI since Dec 2017 when I got the bike. Replaced under warranty at no cost. They told me this one has corrections for power and screen issues. 9 months and no issues so maybe they got it right now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok good info I'll see about getting the unit swapped out next week when she goes in for the first service.

Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine went totally haywire a couple days ago. Screen changes constantly. Did update but no go. Chatted with garmin online and they are sending me a new one. Didn't even have me try anything. Just asked which method of exchange I wanted to do. They send first with a refundable deposit to guarantee I send one back or me send mine in first. Pretty good customer service in my book. I saw it is covered for 5 years.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine went totally haywire a couple days ago. Screen changes constantly. Did update but no go. Chatted with garmin online and they are sending me a new one. Didn't even have me try anything. Just asked which method of exchange I wanted to do. They send first with a refundable deposit to guarantee I send one back or me send mine in first. Pretty good customer service in my book. I saw it is covered for 5 years.
Ok thanks good info. Bike is in for it's 1st service will see what they do.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Mine was doing the same things as above. Called Garmin, they asked for the serial number, about 5 seconds of silence, then told me they would send and RMA and ship me a refurbished unit (mine was almost 18 months old). the "new" unit has not had any issues.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Garmin is completely aware of the defect, the refer to it as "ghost touch". Off it and receive a new unit. As far as random re-boots the OP refers to, I don't know but they will probably replace it regardless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts