R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have relatives and friends who are EMT/Paramedics. Way too many severe ankle foot injuries stories about people with inadequate footwear. The wife is a nursing emergency room professor and she tells of the same horrific injuries to lower extremities. Hell, I see riders with flip flops. In Florida a certified driving course to qualify for a motorcycle stamp on driver's license includes showing up on the first session with approved foot and legwear, long sleeved torso covering, gloves, helmet, and eye protection. Amazingly so many show up devoid of these items, even though the application online emphatically warns of this requirement. Even worse is that some of these non compliant folks show up the second day in violation again and get sent packing.

Then observe the riding population and observe so many either ignoring what they learned or are riding without certification stamp. If busted riding without a stamp, during a traffic stop, bike will be impounded.

Good that you and bike survived intact. Close calls tend to be wake up calls. Congrats.
I have just ordered tall adventure boots because I keep banging my shins on the heads. Long legs can be a curse when trying to fit on a motorcycl. GS was as close to a fit as I can get but at the expense of my shins.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It can happen to everyone, eventually, if you live long enough, something will. Glad you’re OK and don’t have a big repair bill.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After all this talk about medical insurance, I checked my coverage. It's $25k USD per person. The reason for the higher amount was really not for me as my medical would cover me, but higher amount for the passenger.

Kam

21 - 26 of 26 Posts