R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is a 2005 r1200gs. This problem just started last week. Right after starting my ride I noticed my brake failure light was flashing rapidly and the servos were not working. Later on I noticed that my blinkers, flashers, horn, brake light, heated grips and trip meter were not working. The only common thread is that all of the controls to the malfunctioning equipment are on the handle bars. The week before I removed my throttlemeiter and the left side bar end and then reattached them. I made sure that the hand guards are not touching the brake levers. I disconnected the battery for 24 hours to see if that would help, but it did not. When I started the bike today all the problems were still there. Does any body have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
A dealer or a friend with a GS-911 can read any logged faults which is probably the first thing I'd do to track down the issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will check the codes

A phone call to Max BWW service department suggested that it might be a weak battery that is causing the problem. How do I load test a motorcycle battery and do the local auto parts store have that capability?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery is not the problem and Gs911 codes

I installed a new Odyssey battery and I am still having the same electrical problems. The only code was a old weak battery code and blinker not working. I took the ECU out and check for corrision and did not see any so I reinstalled and still have the same problems: No blinker, servos working only part of the time, heated grips not working, trip meter not working and rear brake light not working when brakes applied.
Any suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts