R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just picked up a new to me 2015 GS. I only got one key fob with the deal so I am looking for another. Hate to lose the one I have with no replacement. Trying to find where I can get one at a reasonable price. My dealer quoted me over $300. I realize it is a BMW but that is a little pricey. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Survivor
681 Posts
I have a second fob. It had to be ordered by my dealer by VIN. The dealer is supposed to see proof of ownership. Mine cost around $230 in June 2017, if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dealer told me closer to 300 bucks. Can you actually have two key fobs for the one bike? I thought or it seemed to me it was a one to one. Only one key fob can "mated" to the bike... I hope I'm wrong as I'd like to get a spare fob too... even at 300 bucks...

I have a second fob. It had to be ordered by my dealer by VIN. The dealer is supposed to see proof of ownership. Mine cost around $230 in June 2017, if I recall correctly.

·
Survivor
681 Posts
Dealer told me closer to 300 bucks. Can you actually have two key fobs for the one bike? I thought or it seemed to me it was a one to one. Only one key fob can "mated" to the bike... I hope I'm wrong as I'd like to get a spare fob too... even at 300 bucks...
Yes you can have two. I do. Spousal Unit does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts