R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well and safe.

Fast question, on my 2015GS, on the "Voltage" (I think thats what its called) display, it shows the battery voltage. When I ride my bike, it's generally at 14.1~14.3. When I turn on my bike, it's around 12.5+

Can someone explain to me when I ride, what does the 14.x mean? Does it mean that I'm charging my battery at that rate? Thats what the alternator is putting out? or?....how can I use this to learn about my batter.

I understand when it's turned on, but not started, thats the current voltage on the battery, so I can see that value and determine if the batter is low...yes?...

what am I missing?!

Thanks,

~Kam

·
Registered
2014 GSA
9 Posts
You are not missing anything, when riding should be the alternator charging, so yes is the 14.1~14.3 V. When bike is on but not running the you would have the 12.5+. With bike under 12 V, you could face some starting issues...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are not missing anything, when riding should be the alternator charging, so yes is the 14.1~14.3 V. When bike is on but not running the you would have the 12.5+. With bike under 12 V, you could face some starting issues...
Thanks for the clarification.

~Kam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts