R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello New found friends!

Picked up my 2021 R1250GSA on May 30th. Put over 1,000 miles on it in the first week before turning it in for it's first service.
I am looking forward to new adventures on this beautiful new machine. The last street bike I owned was a 98 CBR600F3.
I have already gotten the tip over and the off-road low siding out of the way. No worries I got the full frame sliding kit so no damage has come to the bike it self. In fact the left cargo box took the majority of the damage when it connected with a large rock embedded in the trail.
I currently have a 5,000 mile road trip planed for the first two weeks of July. Headed out to Virginia first, then to Georgia (both to see family), then if I have time down to Arizona to see some friends, and finally back to Utah for work.

Things I am looking to add to my bike before the trip are highway pegs, handlebar risers, GPS, extra set of spot lights that show the shoulders of the road further down the road, and a trailer if possible. I really like the c-way motorcycle trailer, though have been unable to find one for sale.

Glad to be here and I hope I can learn a lot from everyone.

·
Super Moderator
1,083 Posts
Welcome!

Make sure you push off/away from the bike in those get-offs...riding it out and parking a 550# bike on your ankle can be a bad deal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

Make sure you push off/away from the bike in those get-offs...riding it out and parking a 550# bike on your ankle can be a bad deal.
Thank you!

Honestly I am surprised the bike didn't end up on top of me as I low sided it on a hill climb. I was only just able to pick it up being that the top side was laying down hill. If it would have had all my gear on it I would have had to unload it before picking it up. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,083 Posts
If you think unloading luggage is bad...well...lowsides can get much worse...

Buy and wear motorcross boots (not "Adventure" boots) if you are riding lots off pavement.
👍
20210221_094144.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have about two weeks before my boots and pants get in. The boots I ordered are better quality than my motocross boots. If I remember correctly I ordered the BMW Rally boots.

·
Super Moderator
1,083 Posts
I still have about two weeks before my boots and pants get in. The boots I ordered are better quality than my motocross boots. If I remember correctly I ordered the BMW Rally boots.
Good choice, worth having good protective gear. Enjoy the riding!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Welcome @Squatchoholic !
Post a pic of that new bike so we can drool.
I see your in Utah. I'm in the next state over, Nevada.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome @Squatchoholic !
Post a pic of that new bike so we can drool.
I see your in Utah. I'm in the next state over, Nevada.
Thank you!
Are you northern or southern Nevada?
Pickup day from the dealer, then first load up, and finally my first canyon ride.
20210530_113142.jpg

IMG_20210530_153841_01.jpg
20210601_110256.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts