R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

I've sold my Triumph Rocket X & bought a new GS.
The GS is a lot smoother & lighter to ride but lacks the power of the Rocket & I'm still getting used to the seating position.
I've got the seat on high at the front & low at the rear which seems to be the most comfortable so far. I fitted some adjustable BMW foot pegs which lowered the pegs by about an inch which helped with the cramped riding position. I've also been looking at some bar risers on the internet.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've never ridden a Rocket Three but I'm sure they are a formidable power cruiser. I have owned two other modern Triumphs though and I certainly don't miss the service costs. Surprisingly, boxer BMW's are cheaper to keep on the road, particularly if your into big kilometres. You won't be disappointed with the new GS once you get acquainted. It's an amazing bike that just does it all so easy. Simply trust the Telelever and ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice pics mate

Love Newy streets especially in town. Trying to place where the GS one is - looks a bit like King St or maybe Broadmeadow?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike! I hope you don't miss the massive amount of torque you once had. :grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts