R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I just bought a 2014 blue R1200GSA. I am looking forward to getting to learn the ins and outs of what it means to drive this beast.
I already changed the seats to touratech heated seats, added the navigator 6 and installed the grip puppies. Ordered mudguards (puig hugger), headlight guard, foglight guard, cardan crash slider, cylinder head valve covers and some decals.

I come from driving my trusted honda cb600f hornet for the last 9 years. Thas bike was not practical or safe(two wheels and and engine pretty much summed up that bike). since Traffic in Belgium is getting exponantially worse, I had an excuse to the misses to trade up :)

The touratech seats are great btw, installation was pretty simple. (when using the wunderlich heated seats installation advise :)) The seat gets a bit too hot for my bottom. the 50% stand is more than enought. Right now its about 8degrees celcius and im not cold at all riding.

I really love the enormous community and youtube lists and how-to's. A first remark is that the guy from T2W (on youtube) makes applying the decals look easy. I first tried with the vario panniers, that wen well. But the side of the tank is a totally different story. I cocked that one up. Luckely the guys at SignatureCD sent me a new (right) one only asking shipping costs.

The previous owner was someone in the UK, which means the bike has to be converted to KMH, which is not a problem. The dealer just put on a different front plate and bob's your uncle.

a379f621-fb53-4fb8-b712-41694d181b85.jpg

*you can see at the tank where my vinyl attempt failed ;)

I am following revzilla, fortnine, t2w and missendenflyer thus far, advise is welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts