R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Just purchased this 2020 BMW GS 1250 HP Adventure with 1k miles only. Coming from a sportbike rider.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

No Top Box. So I'm looking for one. I'm from Oxnard California.

·
Administrator
1,252 Posts
Welcome. You're going to like the way these bikes handle on a twisty road.

Check out the Touratech Zega Pro boxes. They're made to the same high quality as the BMW branded stuff.

·
Super Awesom Person
819 Posts
Welcome. A lot of good people here. I ride my GS like a sports bike. The weight of a top box bugs me. On trips I've found a dry bag works better than a top box with far less weight.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Welcome. A lot of good people here. I ride my GS like a sports bike. The weight of a top box bugs me. On trips I've found a dry bag works better than a top box with far less weight.
Hi Rick92040 - I'm interested in what kind of dry bag you purchased as I am looking for one for next riding season. Bike is on a tender here in Maine at the moment with a foot of snow expected this weekend. Thanks!!

·
Super Awesom Person
819 Posts
Hi Rick92040 - I'm interested in what kind of dry bag you purchased as I am looking for one for next riding season. Bike is on a tender here in Maine at the moment with a foot of snow expected this weekend. Thanks!!
I went with the SW-Motech 350. SW-MOTECH 35L Roll-Top Dry Bag - RevZilla
It fit better once I bought the AltRider luggage rack. https://www.altrider.com/product/detail/pid/1135
I did not like spending the money for that rack but it was well worth it. I then bought a locking cable strap so I didn't have to worry about it at pit stops. SteelCore Security Strap 4.5' | eBay

·
Premium Member
81 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts