R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I've just joined this group. I have a '21 R1250GS Rallye which I bought in January after a long period without a motorcycle. Many years ago I rode 330,000 kms on big bikes (Ducati 900, Kawasaki Z1A, Kawasaki Z1000, Honda CBX1000) and I decided when I recently retired that I would like to get back into bike riding. I am also a landscape photographer, occasional expeditioner/adventurer, bushwalker and brand ambassador for a high end outdoor equipment company in Australia, Mont Adventure Equipment. I am also fortunate in having access to some of the best motorcycle riding roads in the world in Tasmania. We don't lack corners down here :) Image, no motorcycle...on sea kayak expedition in East Greenland.
Water Sky Cloud Sea ice Snow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tasmania has some of the best bike roads in the world. I am a road rider so I can't give suggestions for dirt/off road but except for across the north west coast and down the centre the state is full of corners :) The road between Ouse and Queenstown is an absolute ripper, particularly once you get past Derwent Bridge, the road out to Savage River is brilliant too. There are some really good roads in the Huon Valley and it's pleasant but less demanding up the East Coast. Also a lot of fun in the North East. Traffic is usually light, the only downside is that the roads are often wet. I used to work on the west coast at a tin mine and almost every bike group from the mainland that passed through had had at least one or two riders fall so be a little cautious. But the fun is there to be had :)

·
Registered
2018 R1200GS TE Exclusive
14 Posts
Welcome, I'm new here too - from Sydney. I just got a 2018 TE Exclusive and to celebrate I am riding it from Syd to Mel via the Snowy Mountains next week. Would love to get down to Tassy at some stage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts