R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, hope all of you staying healthy and safe. I’m a 24 year old R nineT rider from Turkey. I recently bought a 2011 R1200gs 50.000 kilometers on the clock and waiting for the delivery of the bike. Due to the pandemic and winter conditions I couldn’t pick up the bike myself and the motorcycle transportation companies are working very slowly thanks to the coronavirus. I used to modify motorcycles often and my main goal about the R1200GS is installing a UnitGarage R120GS kit and modify it to give her a heritage adventure bike look. I will learn lot from you about R1200GS and your experiences.
I’m expecting my bike in a month and I’ll let you know when it comes to me.
Stay safe everyone. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome ardacanadali!
I have to ask, what's UnitGarage kit?
It’s a custom kit for 2006-2012 oil cooled 1200gs bikes. Transforming your bike to a more R80GS look with a new tank new fairing new headlight new rear end and a new seat. Costs around 4000€ without shipment. A little bit pricey but it worths its money in my opinion. The kit maker is in Italy and their name is Unit Garage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just remember GS's do not like sand they fall on their side and spit you off without any notice.
Happened to me 2 KMs short of Wolf Creek Crater broke my collar bone had to use emergency beacon and wait 4 hours in 38 C heat before rescue.

Steve

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome. I'd never heard of UnitGarage, just checked out their website, they make some interesting stuff. Be sure to post pics as you go along!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts