R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having tested the new (air) gs x 2 and the old (er) twin cam I'm confused which to buy, love the new bike, but also love the torque and feel of the twin cam.
So is it £14,000 plus for new one or £8 to 9000 for a 2011 triple Black gs, with luggage and about 10 k on clock, struggling to decide, not sure new one so good as to warrant £5000 or more extra.
Advice please.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Either way you will not be disappointed. I have a 2011 triple black GS and love it! Just think of what you can do to the triple black (Wilber shocks, Remus headers, new saddle, windshield) with the money you will save.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either way you will not be disappointed. I have a 2011 triple black GS and love it! Just think of what you can do to the triple black (Wilber shocks, Remus headers, new saddle, windshield) with the money you will save.
Thanks, that's what I thought, have you tried the new GS ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My cobber and I bought 2011 models for our trip in 2012 - mine a Tripleblack and his a GSA. Combined we did 84,000kms through the Americas and had one puncture. Great bikes. I'm sure the new model is too.
Kennif
Amazing, thank you, hoping to head into Africa this September on the bike, but your trip sounds in a diferent league. No doubting the abilities of both models, difficult to imagine how the new one could be so much better.

·
Not that senior.
699 Posts
Cheap

New model here in Australia is $27,200 thats about 17,500 quid.

I have rode them all, and i am keeping my 04.
Sell mine and pay another 15 grand.....i don't think so.

·
Registered
379 Posts
We bought our bikes new and did about 10,000km on them before we shipped to Canada. Quite frankly, they were barely run in. 5,000 quid would pretty much cover your freight costs to Africa I would think. I presume (cos you're a pom) that the 10k you refer to is miles. In my opinion, she will just be beginning to loosen up. Also, being a Tripleblack you get the wire wheels and probably a higher level of finish. Good luck with the decision making! :)
Kennif

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We bought our bikes new and did about 10,000km on them before we shipped to Canada. Quite frankly, they were barely run in. 5,000 quid would pretty much cover your freight costs to Africa I would think. I presume (cos you're a pom) that the 10k you refer to is miles. In my opinion, she will just be beginning to loosen up. Also, being a Tripleblack you get the wire wheels and probably a higher level of finish. Good luck with the decision making! :)
Kennif
Yes, a Pom : ) , will ride to Africa, about 1800 miles from here to Morroco, with the weather getting better on the way hopefully.
10k is the mileage on the bike, won't be there long, so better make that decision.
Michael.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good on you Micheal
Have a great trip. If you ever come riding in NZ, come and have a beer with us in Wellington. Love to see you.
Kennif
Kind of you, if I'm there I certainly will, and the same if you come to the UK, with or without your bike.
Michael.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts