R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - Greetings from New Zealand. I just got my 2004 R1200GS last night. This is a major milestone for me, I have been planning and saving for 3 years to get this bike so I am stoked and a bit amazed that I finally have one.

I commute over 100kms (60 miles) a day every day of the year over twisting country dirt roads, single lane bridges and onto a 6 lane highway so I think the versatility of the GS is perfect for me. The bike has lots of extras, full pannier system and even cruise control!

One thing, the dealer did not have the owner's manual from the previous owner so I don't have an owners manual. Is it possible to download or purchase one?

Thank you,
Tom.

·
Free Genie
395 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Schtum, thanks for the reply and the links to all the information. I found I can order an owner's manual direct from BMW-NZ so I'll go ahead and do that. Unfortunately my bike is off the road for 2 weeks because it needs a new ignition barrel to prevent it from switching itself off while riding. Interesting to say the least when you're going 100kph on winding roads before sunrise in the rain and you lose engine power, lights and brakes.

They gave me a Buell Ulysses 1200 as a loaner. It is very powerful but I much prefer my BMW. I guess it's good to know that I made the right choice for me between the BMW and the Buell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts