R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to put new rubber on my 2012 R1200GS, I've been running Metzler Tourance Next's for the past 5 years. I'd like to get recommendations from the community about what to put on this go round. This bike and I do not see the off road, all asphalt travel on this GS. Going to take the opportunity to have the OEM TPM installed on the GS when we do the tire change. Thanks in advance
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Super Awesom Person
819 Posts
If your not going off road any sport tire will work. Dunlop Roadsmart 4, Michelin Road 5, Metzeler Roadtec 01, ContiRoadAttack 4, etc..
I perfer the Dunop myself but I ride pretty hard on the twisty back roads of San Diego County.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It get ridden hard, some days harder that others. It's a fun bike
Just wanted to get some real world feedback. There's plenty of great choices out there for new tires.
The Metzler Tourance Next's have been fantastic tires on the GS and I have no qualms about putting on a set of the new Next 2's but thought I'd hear from others about their experiences.

·
Super Awesom Person
819 Posts
The tires I put up are not Sport tires, (brain fart) They are Sport Touring tires. The center is touring rubber for high mileage and the sides are sport rubber for grip.
If your happy with the Tourance I suggest you just keep using them. Currently I'm using the Dunlop Mutant and I like them a lot. I also like the Dunlop Mission 50/50 tires as I do like the dirt roads.
So many tires work so well it's hard to pick. I may give the Tourance tires a shot. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
If it's all street, can't recommend the Road 5's highly enough. Run them on my R and they're fantastic.

The GS, on the other hand, runs Mission's because she's filthy ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts