R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up a 2016 R1200GS this week and I am new to this type of MC and this forum. I have been riding on the street since 1976 but always straight up Honda CB, Cruiser or sport touring. just sold my 2002 K1200RS. I am looking forward to this new motorcycle and style of riding. I live in the area of St Louis and would be interested in meeting people for rides. You would need to be patient with my learning curve if any off road riding was involved.
Thank you for reading my message,
John Hoffner

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats on the bike! Welcome to the forum.

·
NC Mtn Man
93 Posts
Welcome to the forum JOHNHOF

Thinking you will really enjoy your new GS. Let us know how it goes, delivery and initial observations, plus your thoughts as you take your first rides.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the responses. I will post my impressions of the delivery, ride...
Mike so far I have been impressed with Gateway BMW and especially the sales person named Tom who I am working with. I know some of the parts and service people from my K-bike. I am hoping to attend the GS riding class they have this year. Plus hopefully I can meet some riders who I can learn a little GS skill sets from.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
John, I think Bob Honz is the guy you need to speak with about improving your adventure skills. He helped me out one hot summer morning with a new set of tires and told me all about his farm south of St. Louis. He showed me a bunch of photos of some of the events and it looked great.

Mike

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new bike.

·
Old+Rich=R1200GSA
10 Posts
New Too!

Just parked a new Triple Black 2017 GSA in the garage. He's parked next to my Road King. Road King know he's screwed. Won't get much riding anymore. Logic was not much of a factor in the decision to pick up the bmw. Pure passion. Very happy with the purchase. Riding position is kinda weird, but comfortable......will take a little getting used to. Nothing negative about the bike yet, except the price.........Hope to learn more on this forum........

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts