R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First BMW. Picked up a used 2014 R1200GS. Been a Yamaha FJR 1300 rider for many years. Have really enjoyed the sport touring bikes. Live in North Georgia and am quite lucky to be within day ride proximity of Suches, Cherohala Skyway, and the Dragon, not to mention all the other great roads nearby. Looking forward to exploring some of the forest roads up here with the GS. I am outside of Jasper, GA and would like to meet up with riders in the area.
Ed

·
Registered
60 Posts
May I be the first to say welcome...I'm also a converted FJR rider that switched to a GS on my move to New Mexico. I do sometimes miss the HP of the FJR but not when I'm armpit dip in gravel and terrain in the mountains. I think you'll like the GS a lot.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome Toter!
Georgia's pretty popular lately.
Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome from NC. I typically head up to your neck of the woods a couple times a year. I try to avoid the Dragon like the plague unless I'm with a buddy that has not ridden it yet. There are too many great roads up that way. I had a Connie 1400 for a stint and don't really miss it that much. Ride safe, maybe meet up sometime!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May I be the first to say welcome...I'm also a converted FJR rider that switched to a GS on my move to New Mexico. I do sometimes miss the HP of the FJR but not when I'm armpit dip in gravel and terrain in the mountains. I think you'll like the GS a lot.
Still have the FJR. The two of them will make a good pair, depending on mood. Also have a Road King, which really isn't getting any love!🤣

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome
I’m relatively new here as well, currently relocated to Tucson due to, well you know #2020. Socially distancing via 2wheels but looking forward to times with other like minded.

·
23 Posts
Welcome aboard! It'll be a matter of time before you start ticking off the BDR routes around the nation. Congrats!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just sold my FJR, moving onto a GSA as well.
IF you are looking at Hexheads and are no married to the idea of a GSA I have a nice clean 2009 R1200GS I'm selling. I am selling iot have it you way. The base bike then pick and chose the options you want.

Let me know if interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts