R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just got home after a 4-day, 1,600-mile trip...a true Fly & Ride.

I flew from Tampa to Dallas to pick up a bike— a 2018 BMW R1200GS Adventure.

After picking it up, I rode south to Killeen to hang out with a friend—a super good guy and ace BMW mechanic. He provided me a tutorial on the bike...but it’ll take a while to understand all of the technology.

The next day I rode even farther south to Bandera—outside of San Antonio—to hang out with another buddy.

The next day I departed Bandera and made it to Baton Rouge, LA. And then yesterday morning I rode the final 735 miles home.

The weather cooperated, the bike is an absolute blast to ride and I saw some pretty scenery along the way. Could’ve used some Highway pegs and a more comfortable seat (I had an Air Hawk with me but it wasn’t great).

Now...to make some room in the garage. 🤭

·
Registered
845 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Great looking bike. Love the black panniers that match the bike color.

·
Registered
50 Posts
well done is right congrats.

·
Registered
25 Posts
congrats dan, i trailered mine 400 miles, was too paranoid about break in period. i wish u lived in the bay area, im new to the GS, looking for new GS folks too.

·
Registered
27 Posts

After picking it up, I rode south to Killeen to hang out with a friend—a super good guy and ace BMW mechanic. He provided me a tutorial on the bike...but it’ll take a while to understand all of the technology.

The next day I rode even farther south to Bandera—outside of San Antonio—to hang out with another buddy.

The next day I departed Bandera and made it to Baton Rouge, LA. And then yesterday morning I rode the final 735 miles home.

The weather cooperated, the bike is an absolute blast to ride and I saw some pretty scenery along the way. Could’ve used some Highway pegs and a more comfortable seat (I had an Air Hawk with me but it wasn’t great).

Now...to make some room in the garage. 🤭 View attachment 28548 View attachment 28549

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dan: I have very good footpegs that I am about to sell. They are " Adventure Design " highway pegs. Look them up. They were on my 2018 R1200GS.
Black in color and will fit the engine guards. Like new. One cap is missing but can be purchased from Adventure design. Cost new $170 + tax, will sell for $70.
I live in Bradenton .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dan: I have very good footpegs that I am about to sell. They are " Adventure Design " highway pegs. Look them up. They were on my 2018 R1200GS.
Black in color and will fit the engine guards. Like new. One cap is missing but can be purchased from Adventure design. Cost new $170 + tax, will sell for $70.
I live in Bradenton .
If Dan doesn’t want them, I will take them. Live in Bradenton

·
Registered
2 Posts

Now...to make some room in the garage. 🤭 View attachment 28548 View attachment 28549
Hi Dan! I just bought the same bike 2018 GSA Triple Black (1100 mi.) in Bonita Springs! I live in Bradenton. Safe travels!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts