R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all loving the bike so far, bought a 2017 GSA Triple Black with 2600 miles on it, so really a new bike. Couldn't bring myself to buy a 2019 loved test riding it but more than I could justify spending. There isn't much in the way of good areas to ride around me except some tree covered back roads. Still very hot out, looking forward to the cooler weather coming this week.
Just wanted to say hello and am enjoying ready all the post on the site.

Jim

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome to the group. Most of the land in your area is going to be privately owned (as is most of Texas). However, as far as unpaved roads; you're in the center of some good riding once you get out of the metro-mess. I've ridden some really nice rural roads from Granbury to west and south. Pretty much all the way down to Waco or so is pretty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Red: I'm another new owner - of a not-new 2008 GS - that I'm finding to be a more comfortable alternative to the Ducati that shares the garage in Weatherford.

Have been enjoying riding an hour or so south of Weatherford to Glen Rose to a great little bbq place called the Loco Coyote. Give a shout if you're interested and we'll meet up.

Hunkerdown

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey BigRed / guys - in DFW area as well recently bought a 15 1200GS - new dimensions of riding for me vs bonneville I had before that. Been exploring Argyle and northwest a little, with a friend who has a f800, happy to meet up sometime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts