R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My tool roll has taken on a life of its own. I'm constantly adding more to it and, frankly, I haven't used it that much while traveling. When I left North Carolina for California a few weeks ago, my tool roll weighed in at just under 4 lbs:

Prior to leaving on that trip, I'd heard about an innovative kit by RRR Tool Solutions and looked it up. Liking what I saw on the web page (Home - RRR Tool Solutions), I ordered one and it arrived a few days ago. Here's the compact kit in comparison with my tool roll:

This shows the tools I was able to eliminate from my current tool roll:

I did add a 3/8 ratchet, extension and a torx 50 back into the mix as I was uncomfortable with trying to loosen the rear wheel lugs with the RRR tools as they've been tightened to 60 nm.

The RRR tools fit like this:

If extra purchase is needed, add the handle extension:

Small magnets are embedded in each handle to "grip" the individual tool heads.

I also added these tools to the RRR kit:
These fit into the RRR pouch but the ratchet mentioned above didn't. Now, my tool kit weighs in about 1.5 lbs.

I got the kit at an intro price of $200. I think the regular price is around $245 or $250.

Mike

·
Registered
368 Posts
I especially like the common "handles" for the wrenches and pliers. A good part of the weight of my kit consists of redundant "handles" on every wrench. Very clever!

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's a very innovative design for a kit. I love how small and light it packs up.

On my GS I carry a kit that is customized for the bike by Adventure Designs:

https://www.advdesigns.com/ulcotokitfor.html
The Adv Designs is a great tool kit. My wing man for a 2016 trip to Alaska had one and I really liked it. Unfortunately, he knew this and kept it locked in his panniers.

Mike

·
2019 R1250 GSA
121 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well crap. I ordered one of these today. That's just so compact and clever that I'll use it on my WR250R on adventures. Mike thanks for posting this up for us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts