R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this forum where I hope I can find all sorts of good information on the GS. I started riding about 5 years ago (motorcycles that is, been riding horses all my life!). Started out with at Triumph T-100 but this March bought my dream bike (almost) — a 2008 R1200GS. Someday maybe I’ll get a newer model, though I am getting a bit too attached to change her yet. What a wonderful machine! So far she’s only kissed the dirt 5 times… all coming to a stop. No use arguing with her if she want to take a nap. Luckily I’ve managed to get her back up on my own all but once!

She’s gone from standard BMW blue (uggh) to a beautiful two-tone silver - added additional tank guards and Clearwater lights so people move over when they see me coming - and stop before they pull out in front of me!

Next up… getting my husband on one too and taking a trip to Maine in October. What fun!

This photo is from a few days ago when it was 93 degrees and all my gear is piled on the sidewalk. ATGATT for sure. Even bought an airbag - which just makes it all that much hotter with the added layer, but I value my life and know that as careful as I can be, there’s always that first time when we go down hard.

Thanks for the add…

·
39 Posts
Welcome aboard from another customer of Troy Max BMW. I'm headed for Maine in a couple weeks for work/vaca so I'll be sure to leave some food available for you. Bring your passports because hopefully the border will be open by then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts