R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just joined the forum after purchasing a R1200 GS on an 04 plate. This has been my dream bike for many years and I have finally taken the plunge. I am looking forward to becoming an active member on this forum. My bike has covered 24000 miles with 6 stamps in the service book and is in excellent condition. Just wondered if there are any problems I should look out for on the bike with this mileage. I shoiuld point out that it has had several recalls including the infamous fuel pump.

Thank you

Adrian (Beemer Fan)

·
Reverend Noob
236 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Adrian. I've got about 50,000 miles on my '05 which was the first year for the 1200 in the states, if I'm not mistaken. The only trouble I've had was the fuel pump control module which you've indicated has been addressed and a rear drive seal leak which is pretty common. Great bike:)

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Jim. Will post some pics of my bike as soon as possible. Hoping to do some longer rides on my bike over the summer, but the weather this side of the pond has been rubbish so far,hope to speak to you soon.

Adrian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts