R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the form. I have a 2006 1200 GS. After washing the bike, I rode it and it just cut out. No power on the display. I have disconnected the battery. If I leave the ignition on and connect the battery, it displays only for a few seconds. Please help

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like water after washing it is the culprit, start checking electrical connections especially around the kill switch area.

·
Not that senior.
696 Posts
I had a similar issue on the same year bike, It had a problem with a broken wire in the loom.
Follow the main loom from under the ignition. It will go under the steering head and follow the frame tube downwards.
Where it bunches up, it was wound to tight, and over the years the movement had broken the ignition wire wire. It may be just coincidence that you washed it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the form. I have a 2006 1200 GS. After washing the bike, I rode it and it just cut out. No power on the display. I have disconnected the battery. If I leave the ignition on and connect the battery, it displays only for a few seconds. Please help
Hi Quinton,
I'm currently having the same issue. Have you figured it out yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts