R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
713 Posts
Any other day ride routes north from Atlanta besides the gaps? Thanks!
I don't live anywhere near there but this is where I learned out to melt tires on sport bikes. I still get back down to the area a few times a year to ride for 2 - 3 days. There's more fun roads in N. Georgia, N. Carolina, and Tennessee than you can ride in multiple seasons. What do you know and where do you ride now? I'd be happy to point you at some of my favorite rides there. There's a real destination BBQ joint near Blairsville on 129, Jim's Smokin Q. It's just an added bonus to all the twisties it takes to get there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
one day go 400 N to Cleveland to hwy 197 Clarksville to 74 to hiawassee then home on 515

another day, to dahlonega, then over blood man to 180 E to Richard b Russell hwy, you dump onto A75e back to dahlonega to dawsonville to hwy 136W to Tate, then home on 515....there are backroads and variables but you need to get a good map and seek those out.....did thousands of miles in the last 3 years in that area. west of 515, ellijay hwy 53 west and such, the roads are not anywhere near the quality on the east side.....have fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not so sure about routes from Atlanta but it's worth checking out Helen GA- Bavarian themed town perfect for German bikes. Also Brasstown Bald mountain is worth checking out. You can take route 60 or 19 north from Dahlonega but beware gas stops can be a little far apart as several stations are no longer open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts