R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to forum.

I replaced my Givi tank bag with an Enduristan model, which I really like and it's fully waterproof. I lost the OEM tank ring / flange that I took off when installing the Givi ring. It appears you cannot buy the OEM ring separately and you need to buy whole fuel cap for $200+.

Does anyone know of an OEM replacement, or another manufacturer's ring that mounts flush with the tank, and looks neat? The SW-MOTECH base seems to do that but maybe there are other options. My goal is to just get back to OEM or something that looks similar. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
685 Posts
Welcome.

You might try Ebay...looking at the BMW parts fiche can you seperate the ring? Maybe I dont understand what piece you need.
Screenshot_20201003-075609_DuckDuckGo.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Krons. Thank you. The ring I'm looking for is shown below. When you install the Givi flange you remove the ring on the OEM cap shown below and reattach the cap to the Givi flange. I lost the original OEM ring so I'm stuck with the Givi. The Givi flange protrudes above the tank. The Enduristan bag sits flush and straps onto the bike so I'm trying to go back to the flush situation wtih the OEM ring/cap. The problem is you cannot apparently buy just the ring shown below -- you have to buy the whole cap/hinge/ring. The best option I see is to buy the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Tankring Adapter Kit and just use the grey base shown in the screen grab below. I was surprised not to see any rings from the OEM fuel cap on Ebay.

-Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts