R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 R1250GSA

On Feb 6th I ordered a new (complete) front seat and foam/cover for my rear OEM seat. The new front seat showed up but I only received a cover for the back. No problem .... they messed up the order but when I put the front seat on my bike it had wrinkles in the seat. Long story short. I sent the front seat back to be redone along with my OEM pan to get new foam and cover.

Today I received my two seats, freshly covered but once again the front seat IMHO is poorly assembled. More wrinkles and slop around the seam in the seat. The rear seat looks good. Nice and tight.

Am I crazy here? Is this front seat acceptable to you? Here are the two different seats with the same issue. The second seat has never been ridden on. Thats how it came out of the box.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think for the money you paid it should be wrinkle free.
My Sargent is wrinkle free and looking at the Saddleman for sale on this forum its wrinkle free also.
However, how does it feel when ridden and can you live with the wrinkles if its comfortable?
Not sure why there are two replies to your post?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My first saddle from them was perfect as you can see. I ordered a lower version and it came with a loose cover like yours. I did not send it back. I did take it to a friends shop and he re stretched it for me. Now it’s perfect!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ryno .... the seat is definitely different. It may take a ride or two to figure out if I like it or not. Im not jumping for joy from the feel yet. I will let you know.

Slow .... its a shame it has to look like that out of the box. What bike is your seat for? Mine has a stitch in the top of the saddle. Yours appears to be one piece.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine is on a 2016 GS. It’s a great saddle very comfortable most miles done is been 600 in a day.
If you ask me either send it back get it done right or get it fixed locally you will be happy.
BTW if I wasn’t so vain I would get a Russell saddle in a heartbeat, but they’re just butt ugly!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well ..... Seat Concepts did the right thing and refunded me part of the purchase price. Im going to take it to someone local who works on seats and have them tighten it up. I will try to post a photo of the finished product.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well ..... Seat Concepts did the right thing and refunded me part of the purchase price. Im going to take it to someone local who works on seats and have them tighten it up. I will try to post a photo of the finished product.
good plan, I would have done the same

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good plan, I would have done the same
Thanks. It would have cost them more to mail the seat back and forth than what they refunded me. Not to mention the labor to fix it. This way the sale is final and Im out of their hair. They admitted fault and they stood behind their product. That means a lot. Kudos to Seat Concepts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts