R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have literally run out of space on my handlebars on my '05. I run an old school Garmin 276C with the elaborate rack mount that secures to the windshield framework. I want to keep that intact, but would like to add the phone and mount as a backup.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Really like my Quad Lock

Reactions: Southpaw

·
Registered
113 Posts
+1 for Ram Mount, X Grip. You may choose long boom and arrange in accordance with your place.

·
Registered
90 Posts
@jojosz would the quad lock fit on the GPS bar with the mirror mount? This looks like the most elegant design I've seen.
Look at sp-connect.com. Gets rid of the blue push bar so even more sleek. The small ram ball mount does fit gps bar. I have a short arm on it with the ballhead mount. I pushed the gps as far left as it will go and have the phone to the right of it.

Through the windshield but you get the idea.

Also, with either one make sure you set it up with the windshield all the way down. Stock windshield hit the phone initially. Oh, and full lock on the bars for the brake reservoir.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Look at sp-connect.com. Gets rid of the blue push bar so even more sleek. The small ram ball mount does fit gps bar. I have a short arm on it with the ballhead mount. I pushed the gps as far left as it will go and have the phone to the right of it.

Through the windshield but you get the idea.

View attachment 27043
@mhcolumbus can you post up a pic from the front also? Like the idea

·
Registered
748 Posts
And I see they have a nice wireless charging unit that can be wired. Would make an awesome set up right next to the GPS.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
@mhcolumbus and @virkdoc Just to clarify, I do not have the stock GPS mount on the bar any more. The original owner took it off. I could see mounting the wireless charging module on the bar. This seems like a great solution for my iPhone X.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts