R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reinstalling the engine on my R1200GS LC - endured the right side timing chain failure and decided to rebuild. It has been quite a process... I have hit a dead stop. I cannot find the other end of a plug that is part of the harness that comes to the right side fuel injector, air box, etc. - can someone tell me where this goes? It is a remarkably simple thing after all that I have had to do... Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - it certainly my looks like it should help. The harness from that connects to the rad is slightly different than the one on my bike. I will pull a few more things off my bike and trace the harness a little further. I really appreciate the help. From where did you get this diagram? Thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the red harness shown in the diagram is completely different than that on my bike. It appears that the connection that I am looking for is that between the blue and red harnesses.

My GS in an early 2013. Do you know if there were changes in the wiring in later models?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
You might want to add your bike to your signature or lead with that information. Diagram is from BMW service manual for K5X, K50, K51, & K52.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not familiar with the LC models, but that looks like the FI connection (sorry if Im stating the obvious) I think they are green and yellow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is the K50. Definitely not the FI plug - it is identical to the FI plug (And the airbox sensor) though.

I have a diagram for my oiled cooled RT that shows sensor locations on that bike. Is there something similar for the K50 engines? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the additional diagrams. I will spent some more time tracing wires. How hard can it be to find a sensor?

I will keep you posted - appreciate the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spent a few hours reviewing wiring diagrams - it appears that the plug is for the tank breather valve - as I understand it, only the US models are equipped with the valve and charcoal canister (mine is the Canadian model). Hours of searching and frustration for nothing it seems...

Now I just have to get my cam timing resolved and all should be well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts