R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Survivor
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Use this thread to post one (1) picture, along with a short description, to tell us about a recent ride.
---------------------

Went for a ride today after our first winter storm of the year. It was very early but much needed. We were in the midst of a severe drought and the state was on fire. Three days of rain, snow at 5,000 ft and higher (we live at 4,200 ft) and highs in the 30s. This was taken a few miles from my place and at an elevation of about 5,200 ft. I was just below Marysville. In the 1890s it was the most populous town in Montana due to the gold and silver mining in the area. These days there are less than 100 people in the town, but it has a good bar and a popular ski hill.

· Survivor
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
how did that go (with your wife?)? Were words uttered to the effect that this was her last ride...ever?:grin2:
Oh no, she had a great time. Shortly before we got to the border she nearly went down when, while starting to stand-up, her right foot slide off of the Pivot Peg. I was following her and I thought she was toast.

· Survivor
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
One picture ride report? Hmmmm...that's a tough one, I take lot's of pictures. Oh well, rode to Burkes Garden last September. Never heard of Burkes Garden? It's in southern Virginia near Tazewell. View attachment 28788
I lived in Roanoke long ago and had a brother in Boone, NC. Nice area to ride.

· Survivor
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
He appears to be participating in a contest the MOA has going. It is called a Coddiwomple which is an elaborate scavenger hunt...... sorta.

· Survivor
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
Scootering in the western United States recently and I saw this display by a local taxidermist. The mountain lion probably weighed close to 300 pounds.

View attachment 33859
At 300 lbs that would be a record indeed. Large cats go 220 lbs. or so. Depending on who you believe the world record is around 270-280 lbs. But I bet that one would look like 1000 lbs if we’re alive and angry at you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts