R1200GS Forum banner
201 - 220 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rode up to Springer Mountain, southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail. First 25 miles up Nimblewill Gap was really rocky and technical for this old butt. Great day! 56 miles off road, 147 mi. total. Lots of controlled burns going on, so the view was a little hazy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to the BMW Performance Center in South Carolina. 2 days of off road instruction. This is well worth the investment!
Here I am going through the sand pit. They have the same exercise with deep gravel.

How to park in sand when the side stand is broken.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yesterday date was scheduled for opening of the season. Because of covid restrictions actually there is no activities (second year in the row). But this don't stop me like a single rider to make some kilometers with grin. Winter late and this year and most of march was so snowy.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
First ride on Trailsmarts, first 90/10 tire for me on the GSA. I know they won't be good in soft gravel or mud but was impressed with how well they did on the little bit of gravel I went on. On pavement I was cautious to scrub them in then pushed little by little. Was impressed with the grip. These will scratch the street bike itch. Now to decide if I'm going to Plastidip my alloys as I miss the look of my black spoked wheels...
20210403_143814.jpg

Thinking this:
https://www.r1200gs.info/attachments/gs2-jpg.670/

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
First ride on Trailsmarts, first 90/10 tire for me on the GSA. I know they won't be good in soft gravel or mud but was impressed with how well they did on the little bit of gravel I went on. On pavement I was cautious to scrub them in then pushed little by little. Was impressed with the grip. These will scratch the street bike itch. Now to decide if I'm going to Plastidip my alloys as I miss the look of my black spoked wheels...
View attachment 29518

Thinking this:
https://www.r1200gs.info/attachments/gs2-jpg.670/
I also like the Trailsmart 90/10 as a street tire. Havent done much off roading in them. I'll mount the Trailmax's when I get back from HawIi in late April.

201 - 220 of 313 Posts