R1200GS Forum banner
281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R1200 GS Lowered Chassis
67 Posts
Leaving for 2,500 mile 10-day CO NM AZ UT trip Wednesday, can't wait!

New Mexico – Arizona Motorcycle Trip June 2021
(Click on links below to see route detail)​

Thursday, June 10 - Day 1 https://goo.gl/maps/mt7E57AwTAFh5d3D8 322m 6hr 37min
Denver -> Sedalia -> Monument -> Bishop’s Castle ->Cucharas Pass -> Trinidad, CO

Friday, June 11 - Day 2 Trinidad to Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque-Journal Center 290m 6hr 7min
Trinidad -> Taos NM -> Bandelier Nat. Monument -> Jemez Springs -> Albuquerque, NM

Saturday June 12 - Day 3 Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque-Journal Center to Palace Hotel 311m 5hr 56min
Albuquerque, NM -> Sandia Crest -> Socorro -> Truth or Consequences -> Silver City, NM

Sunday June 13 - Day 4 Palace Hotel to Palace Hotel 303m 6hr 22min
Silver City, NM -> US 191 -> Morenci, AZ -> Alpine, AZ -> US 180 -> Silver City, NM

Monday June 14 - Day 5 https://goo.gl/maps/T7LjBnfXnCMKAgn88 209m 5hr 5min
Silver City, NM -> Gila Cliff Dwellings Nat’l Monument -> Alpine, AZ

Tuesday June 15 - Day 6 Sportsman's Lodge to Sedona 310m 6hr 32min
Alpine, AZ -> Show Low -> Jerome -> Sedona, AZ

Wednesday June 16 - Day 7 Sedona to Whispering Sands Motel 370m 7hr 6 min
Sedona, AZ -> Monument Valley -> Moki Dugway -> Natural Bridges National Monument -> Hite, UT Bridge -> Hanksville, UT

Thursday June 17 - Day 8 https://goo.gl/maps/iYpQA5Qe7R9XPmEt9 350m 6hr 51 min
Hanksville -> Goblin Valley State Park -> Green River, UT -> Dead Horse Point State Park -> Moab -> La Sal -> Naturita -> Gateway -> Grand Junction, CO

Friday June 18 - Day 9 2152 S Canyon View Dr to Glenwood Springs 210m 4hr 47min
Grand Junction -> CO Natl Monument -> Grand Mesa -> McClure Pass -> Marble -> Glenwood Springs

Saturday June 19 – Day 10
Home!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Leaving for 2,500 mile 10-day CO NM AZ UT trip Wednesday, can't wait!

New Mexico – Arizona Motorcycle Trip June 2021
(Click on links below to see route detail)​

Thursday, June 10 - Day 1 https://goo.gl/maps/mt7E57AwTAFh5d3D8 322m 6hr 37min
Denver -> Sedalia -> Monument -> Bishop’s Castle ->Cucharas Pass -> Trinidad, CO

Friday, June 11 - Day 2 Trinidad to Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque-Journal Center 290m 6hr 7min
Trinidad -> Taos NM -> Bandelier Nat. Monument -> Jemez Springs -> Albuquerque, NM

Saturday June 12 - Day 3 Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque-Journal Center to Palace Hotel 311m 5hr 56min
Albuquerque, NM -> Sandia Crest -> Socorro -> Truth or Consequences -> Silver City, NM

Sunday June 13 - Day 4 Palace Hotel to Palace Hotel 303m 6hr 22min
Silver City, NM -> US 191 -> Morenci, AZ -> Alpine, AZ -> US 180 -> Silver City, NM

Monday June 14 - Day 5 https://goo.gl/maps/T7LjBnfXnCMKAgn88 209m 5hr 5min
Silver City, NM -> Gila Cliff Dwellings Nat’l Monument -> Alpine, AZ

Tuesday June 15 - Day 6 Sportsman's Lodge to Sedona 310m 6hr 32min
Alpine, AZ -> Show Low -> Jerome -> Sedona, AZ

Wednesday June 16 - Day 7 Sedona to Whispering Sands Motel 370m 7hr 6 min
Sedona, AZ -> Monument Valley -> Moki Dugway -> Natural Bridges National Monument -> Hite, UT Bridge -> Hanksville, UT

Thursday June 17 - Day 8 https://goo.gl/maps/iYpQA5Qe7R9XPmEt9 350m 6hr 51 min
Hanksville -> Goblin Valley State Park -> Green River, UT -> Dead Horse Point State Park -> Moab -> La Sal -> Naturita -> Gateway -> Grand Junction, CO

Friday June 18 - Day 9 2152 S Canyon View Dr to Glenwood Springs 210m 4hr 47min
Grand Junction -> CO Natl Monument -> Grand Mesa -> McClure Pass -> Marble -> Glenwood Springs

Saturday June 19 – Day 10
Home!
Looks like an epic trip.
I may be in Sedona, AZ about a week later.
Looking forward to your TR.

·
2019 R1250 GSA
193 Posts
If you have access to the Butler Northern California Motorcycle Map, check out Ride 13. With Yreka as a base camp, you could head South on Highway 3 or take the Gazelle-Callahan Road to Callahan. From there, I took the Ceciville Road, which is a sport bike route until you reach Cecilville. From there, it is a one lane shelf road with blind corners and drop offs of up to 300 feet. This road follows the South Fork of the Salmon River. When the road met the North Fork of the Salmon River, I turned right onto Sawyers Bar Road which follows the North Fork of the Salmon River, then back to Etna, Ca. On this road, you pass through Sawyers Bar, which was an old mining town in the 1850’s. The whole loop back to Yreka was ~150 miles and took 4 hours. The two roads are also listed as Paved Mountain Trails (PMT).

·
Registered
36 Posts
@Jw Johnson I couldn't agree more! Yesterday I went for a little unplanned ride and ended up in Largs (great little village in west coast of Scotland) which is just 29 miles away from my home. The weather was great, lots of bikers were there for a nice chat too! Great time spending coupe of hours of your evening after dinner.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,150 Posts
Light bike day. 140 miles of beautiful gravel and dirt.

Screenshot_20210619-200128_REVER.jpg

One of the [sketchiest] Bridges of Madison County Iowa. Unmaintained county road...I lost count of how many boards were loose.
:whistle:

20210619_151916.jpg

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If you have access to the Butler Northern California Motorcycle Map, check out Ride 13. With Yreka as a base camp, you could head South on Highway 3 or take the Gazelle-Callahan Road to Callahan. From there, I took the Ceciville Road, which is a sport bike route until you reach Cecilville. From there, it is a one lane shelf road with blind corners and drop offs of up to 300 feet. This road follows the South Fork of the Salmon River. When the road met the North Fork of the Salmon River, I turned right onto Sawyers Bar Road which follows the North Fork of the Salmon River, then back to Etna, Ca. On this road, you pass through Sawyers Bar, which was an old mining town in the 1850’s. The whole loop back to Yreka was ~150 miles and took 4 hours. The two roads are also listed as Paved Mountain Trails (PMT).

View attachment 30183
Can't be too far from me. I'll check that out.

281 - 300 of 313 Posts