R1200GS Forum banner
401 - 420 of 504 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Hello everyone, newbie here. Out doing a lake ride putting miles on a new to me '06 & beating my ass into shape with a Sargent seat I acquired from a member here. So far I've decided the stock windshield sucks, literally back & forth. I haven't decided on the seat yet though, going to put more time on it for now. I'll be checking out new screens, probably something lower for some more air as I'm more used to sport bikes & it's hot here.. This is my first sit up & beg ride in a long while & it took a bit to get used to it, but now I'm zipping around like I know what I'm doing.
Plant Tire Wheel Water Vehicle

· Premium Member
133 Posts
Hello everyone, newbie here. Out doing a lake ride putting miles on a new to me '06 & beating my ass into shape with a Sargent seat I acquired from a member here. So far I've decided the stock windshield sucks, literally back & forth. I haven't decided on the seat yet though, going to put more time on it for now. I'll be checking out new screens, probably something lower for some more air as I'm more used to sport bikes & it's hot here.. This is my first sit up & beg ride in a long while & it took a bit to get used to it, but now I'm zipping around like I know what I'm doing. View attachment 32561 .
Very nice, and welcome to the Forum!!

· Registered
2017 White GSA
1,621 Posts
Hello everyone, newbie here. Out doing a lake ride putting miles on a new to me '06 & beating my ass into shape with a Sargent seat I acquired from a member here. So far I've decided the stock windshield sucks, literally back & forth. I haven't decided on the seat yet though, going to put more time on it for now. I'll be checking out new screens, probably something lower for some more air as I'm more used to sport bikes & it's hot here.. This is my first sit up & beg ride in a long while & it took a bit to get used to it, but now I'm zipping around like I know what I'm doing. View attachment 32561 .
Looks nice.
What lake is that?

· Registered
12 Posts
Crabtown

Good luck! BR Parkway - one of the best rides in the east. How far south do you plan to ride?
Thank you. I didn't ride the BRP to it's southern end as there was a significant detour somewhere south of Roanoke. I'll catch the whole route soon. Once off the BRP, I hit I-81 S to I-40 W (aside from traffic, interstates are my least favorite). A "few" miles later, I jumped off I-40 at Texola, then backroads the rest of the way to Salt Lake City (via Roswell, White Sands, Winslow, Kanab, etc.). Will continue my ride toward the end of May. Hopefully back in MD by late September/early October.

401 - 420 of 504 Posts