R1200GS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Super Moderator
712 Posts
@GrayBeard how was the training? Would you recommend it?
Absolutely. Definitely ride their bike so you don't have to think much about dirt naps. They take every slow, step by step in showing you that a big adventure bike must be ridden differently but can definitely take on enduro type riding. The experience and skills I learned at this training gave me the confidence to take my GS off into some of the gnarliest single track and even woods free riding. Definitely worth the time and money.

Reactions: grlucas

·
2019 R1250 GSA
142 Posts
Callahan-Cecilville Road or Sawyers Bar Road?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Callahan-Cecilville Road or Sawyers Bar Road?
Cecilville Road travelling East to West.
I camped at Matthews Creek, which is at about the halfway point. Great little campground with an awesome swimming hole. That pic was the following morning heading towards Forks of Salmon.
If you follow the link in my signature, there's a video of parts of the ride ("California to Montana" with Cecilville Road starting at about the 7:20 point out of Callahan).

·
2019 R1250 GSA
142 Posts
Cecilville Road travelling East to West.
I camped at Matthews Creek, which is at about the halfway point. Great little campground with an awesome swimming hole. That pic was the following morning heading towards Forks of Salmon.
If you follow the link in my signature, there's a video of parts of the ride ("California to Montana" with Cecilville Road starting at about the 7:20 point out of Callahan).
I've done both roads. Great part of CA, the very definition of "out in the boondocks".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oregon Trail Back Country Byway, SW Idaho from Boise to Glenns Ferry. This parallels a part of the Oregon Trail from Glenns Ferry Idaho, where the immigrants choosing the North route of the Oregon Trail made the dangerous Three Island Crossing of the Snake River. Nice road, interesting high desert terrain and scenery.
Oregon Trail Back Country Byway.jpg

·
Super Moderator
712 Posts
We rode to the end of US 1 on the east coast last week - Fort Kent Maine. We hooked on to US 1 just north of Baltimore Maryland and didn't stray from it all the way to the end.

Reactions: gs1200rider
101 - 120 of 144 Posts