R1200GS Forum banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Super Awesom Person
593 Posts
I have found it extremely easy to just make your routes on the Nav 6 unit itself. I take my Nav into the hotel and plan a route for the next day. Go get your Nav unit out of your bike and follow along. Press the Apps circle then Trip planner. Press New Trip and the Select start location button. Then the Where I am now button and then Select. Touch the + at the top left of the screen and now you have choices to make. If you know the route you want you can scroll down and hit Browse Map and zoom in or out to find the road or city you want to travel on or to. You may need to zoom in to see the smaller roads. Just touch it and then hit Select to add it to your route. Keep hitting the + and adding places till you reach your destination. Sometimes I find the gas stations or places I want to see or eat at on Google maps and put it in. When your done hit Select and it will make your trip. You just need to name it.
I also use the Garmin Smartphone app to send the hotel address for the next day from the Booking.com app to my Nav6. If you don't like the route it picks you can edit it by blocking the roads it wants to take you on.
For example I was going from Wichita to San Diego but I didn't want to go through Albuquerque. I didn't want to set it to avoid interstates because I needed to use the 40 for a bit. I blocked the 40 going into Albuquerque so it would take me south to the 60 and to my hotel in Pinetop-Lakeside AZ.
All in all it isn't very hard to use and I can do it from a rest stop if I wanted to.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts