R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be flying and bringing riding gear with me. I am concerned about packing helmet in luggage. Anyone put helmet in checked bags and how did you protect it? Or is there a better way to make sure it arrives with me, undamaged?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a helmet. It's hard. Put it in your bag, pack some stuff inside, pack some stuff around the outside and don't worry about it. I guess if you're really concerned, carry it on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It's a helmet. It's hard. Put it in your bag, pack some stuff inside, pack some stuff around the outside and don't worry about it. I guess if you're really concerned, carry it on.
I always carry my helmet on the plane/train. I have an Alpinestars backpack that has a pouch for the helmet. My wife does the same most of the time. Sometimes my wife carries her helmet in a large beach bag.
Part of the reason for carrying my helmet with me is that if my bags are lost or delayed, my trip would be delayed or ruined. I carry on anything that I can that I don’t want to lose or can’t affird to lose on a trip.
I don’t stuff anything inside my helmet ever as it is easy to compress the lining that provided bulk of the helmet’s protection.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've packed bottles of expensive liquor in my checked bags. Never had an issue with breakage. That being said, packing my expensive helmet would not even take a second guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts