R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
tomdez
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Puig tall windscreen to cut down on wind noise at highway speeds on my 2020 GS1250. If you have run the Puig screen, how do you like it? Does it reduce wind noise? Do you have the Puig reinforcement bracket?

Any other suggestions on a taller windscreen to reduce noise?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a Puig touring screen which I have on my 1250 GSA and before that on my 1200GSA. I think it is great and it suits me fine. I usually have it in its lowest position (I am 6 foot 1 inch tall) and I have fitted a Wunderlich bracket on both sides of the screen and everything is rock solid. I would certainly recommend it.

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
466 Posts
I had Puig Touring screen first and didn't like it. Then I installed Puig spoiler on it, a bit better but still not the way I wanted it. Then I changed to Wunderlich Marathon screen, much, much better but it could still have gotten some improvement. Then installed MRA spoiler and it got almost perfect, The last thing to change was OEM handguards. Tried one day to ride without handguards and that was just perfect, no complaints. Purchased Barkbusters handguards and it stayed perfect. For me, the issue was solved.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've put the (American made) V-stream screen on both my GS-es.
The shortest version on my 1250 in Southern France and the slightly taller one on my 1200 in Belgium (where the temperatures are lower and rainy days much more frequent).
With my 6'4'' both work like a charm : much less noise, no wind buffeting, stable and neither of them requires a reinforcement .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts