R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
tomdez
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Puig tall windscreen to cut down on wind noise at highway speeds on my 2020 GS1250. If you have run the Puig screen, how do you like it? Does it reduce wind noise? Do you have the Puig reinforcement bracket?

Any other suggestions on a taller windscreen to reduce noise?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a Puig touring screen which I have on my 1250 GSA and before that on my 1200GSA. I think it is great and it suits me fine. I usually have it in its lowest position (I am 6 foot 1 inch tall) and I have fitted a Wunderlich bracket on both sides of the screen and everything is rock solid. I would certainly recommend it.

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
549 Posts
I had Puig Touring screen first and didn't like it. Then I installed Puig spoiler on it, a bit better but still not the way I wanted it. Then I changed to Wunderlich Marathon screen, much, much better but it could still have gotten some improvement. Then installed MRA spoiler and it got almost perfect, The last thing to change was OEM handguards. Tried one day to ride without handguards and that was just perfect, no complaints. Purchased Barkbusters handguards and it stayed perfect. For me, the issue was solved.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've put the (American made) V-stream screen on both my GS-es.
The shortest version on my 1250 in Southern France and the slightly taller one on my 1200 in Belgium (where the temperatures are lower and rainy days much more frequent).
With my 6'4'' both work like a charm : much less noise, no wind buffeting, stable and neither of them requires a reinforcement .

·
Registered
86 Posts
I added a puig touring (2016 GS, 6'3 rider) and find it helps a lot. I usually leave it in the lowest setting unless a lot of highway miles are planned. I also have the Puig reinforcement bracket (never rode w/o it). I find that the noise is improved up to ~75mph in low and to 80+ in the high position. More significant for me was that with the stock screen, over 70mph I got a lot of helmet buffeting, but with the puig its smooth. During the hottest part of the summer I put the stock screen back on for a few weeks to get more airflow. That was fine until I had to go 50ish miles on the highway, after which the big Puig went right back on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Puig tall on my R1200GS. I am about 6'2" tall. The buffeting and noise is largely handled, I like the wind screen. It is very interesting to play with the rake, or angle of the screen. The results are not always what you think they will be. I am not sure that I have found the best spot yet, but it is good enough that I have quit messing with it. Not as good as a Goldwing, the screen is just too narrow to get to that point, but it is very good. Rather than wind on top of the helmet, it is wind at your shoulders that you wish could go away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am 6'3" and I really like the Puig tall with their bracket on my 2014 R1200GSA. I have a Airhawk seat that I raised 3/8"/10mm higher than stock so I sit a little higher than most. The Puig tall does a very good job of taming the wind noise and buffeting. I ride with glasses and keep my Arai visor cracked about 1 inch for visibility reasons. I typically look over the top of the Puig and this combo allows the airflow to come off the windscreen and flow over the top of my slightly open visor to keeps bugs, dust and debris out of my face. I normally ride with it in the highest position and if I get warm I can lower it to get more air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts