R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok
2007 R1200GS
I have the brake fault light again. I have taken off the ABS unit again.
I have seperated the ABS motor from the controller again.
BUT
I can’t get the bearing off the motor so I can take the backplate off and get the brushes (which is where the problem is)
Yes I know I need a bearing puller. I have one.
BUT
There is a plastic lip around the bearing that prevents getting any puller under it.
Someone must have done this before? I have see pictures on the net of the motor disassembled with bearing off BUT no one say8ng how they got the bearing off!
It’s too expensive a part to try and just break it.

Ideas?

·
Survivor
678 Posts
If I see what I think I see, then the black plastic piece is resting in a groove around the bearing. The plastic has a gap in it, the purpose of which may be to allow expansion of the plastic ring so that it can be removed from the groove and ultimately the bearing. Or.... I could be completely wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I see what I think I see, then the black plastic piece is resting in a groove around the bearing. The plastic has a gap in it, the purpose of which may be to allow expansion of the plastic ring so that it can be removed from the groove and ultimately the bearing. Or.... I could be completely wrong.
I wish that were the case - but unfortunately that ring is part of the plastic backplate.....its not separate.....

·
Avid Motorcyclist
18 Posts
Is it perhaps possible to use the gap to pry the bearing of little by little and rotating it often until there is a big enough gap between the plastic ring and bearing to get a puller in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts