R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Hepco bars for a 14 GS and also the wunderlich highway pegs. I've noticed on the wunderlich site for the pegs it mentions that a spacer kit($15) might be required to space out the bars so that the pegs clear. It is a little cryptic though because it talks about the cylinder guards too.

Wondering...does anyone know if the hepco bars fit with ONLY the wunderlich pegs OR do they indeed require spacers? Note I am not trying to use the cylinder head guards also.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had a different fitment problem with the Hepko-Becker UPPER bars on my 2016 R1200GS. I needed a spacer under the "beak" so I had to fabricate about a 1.5 inch spacer myself as a stand-off to the connecting point under the beak. All good now, but a slight nuisance at the time.

On the lower bars, I remain a little annoyed that I can only get the valve covers off on one side without loosening the bars on that side a bit, but it only takes about 15 minutes to do that. Overall, the bars are of a nice quality silver metallic finish that has held up perfectly after 3 years. And, I am definitely thankful to have the protection because I HAVE dropped the bike 5 times and bars have worked wonderfully--no damage at all. I am definitely glad I have BOTH top and bottom bars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the info! Good to know. Have you seen the upper bars protect the machine? Do they have scratches on them from any of the incidents? Just wondering.

Anyone else happen to have tried the wunderlich highway pegs with hepco bars?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I definitely have scratches on the upper bars, as well as the lower bars. But nowhere else. Even the cases are OK (amazingly.).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts