R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R1250GS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

On the car, I usually tap the cancel button to disengage the cruise control when coming up on slower cars.

Is there a way to disengage the cruise control on the GS without hitting the brakes or turning it off with the slider switch?

Thanks guys, ride safe!

JFS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can twist on the throttle forward or clutch or brakes will disengage the cruise control

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
I usually roll off on the throttle. It's a little jerky to do that so I should probably just tap the rear brake.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I usually give a slight twist of the throttle to match my speed and then barely pull the clutch,just enough to disengage the cruise control without actually disengaging the clutch. The cruise goes off without a sudden slow down because the throttle is at the right position for the speed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The smoothest process is to pull the clutch lever. This allows the bike to coast to a slower speed.
I never liked the abrupt compression slowing that occurs when you tap a brake or roll the throttle down. It’s too abrupt. Using the clutch to disengage the cruise will give you the smoothness you desire.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As @Pterodactyl and @dba stated, ever so light clutch pull to disengage.
I like to add a little positive energy on throttle to make it smooth.

·
Registered
2020 R1250GS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I agree a little throttle and feathering the clutch is the smoothest way.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hey fellas,

On the car, I usually tap the cancel button to disengage the cruise control when coming up on slower cars.

Is there a way to disengage the cruise control on the GS without hitting the brakes or turning it off with the slider switch?

Thanks guys, ride safe!

JFS.
A slight pull on clutch disengage it for me. On my KTM I have to use brake!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts