R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,I have a R 1250 GSA 2022 Low suspension. Im trying to find the best way to upgrade my horn, I like Denali soundbomb, but then I found out this model do not fit my bike because is the lower suspension version, So i found an alternative and its to fit a split version of the horn, compresor and thumper splited, so, anyone has installed this in your bike? I need some orientation to the best way to mount it, or any special brackets
Thank you

·
Administrator
1,252 Posts
The problem with the air horns is the delay. You can install the stock BMW car horn. It's just plug and play. Loud horn & acc. ideas
I did this on my GS and was underwhelmed with the result. I got my bike back from the BMW dealer service Dept with the note that there was something wrong with my puny horn and did I get it off a Harley. I threw that horn in the trash.

The Denali Sound Bomb is the hook up here for a really loud horn. My bike is not lowered so it fit fine in the specified location. I'm sure if you use some Google fu and search around on YouTube you'll likely find someone that has installed the split horn and described the process.

·
Administrator
1,252 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replys guys, I spend a lot of time in google trying to find any clue how to install a split version od denali, i will look the car horn option too
Thanks again

·
Registered
817 Posts
I would never relay on a horn to protect me on the road. I just assume I'm invisible ;) Watching crash videos on YouTubes shows too many riders in blind spots pissed of at cars that never see them!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I installed that one on my 2019 gsa. Plug and play. I don’t know if it’s much louder than stock, but the tone is changed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I installed that one on my 2019 gsa. Plug and play. I don’t know if it’s much louder than stock, but the tone is changed.
thank you, that would be my last option in case I couldnt find any clear instruction to install the split version... thank you apreciate it

·
Administrator
1,252 Posts
I would never relay on a horn to protect me on the road. I just assume I'm invisible ;) Watching crash videos on YouTubes shows too many riders in blind spots pissed of at cars that never see them!
It's not such that I'm relying on it as when others, in an act of oblivious behavior, encroach on my space I have a response that makes them soil their underwear. I've also used it when deep in the woods needing to get the attention of others that have ridden out of sight.

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's not such that I'm relying on it as when others, in an act of oblivious behavior, encroach on my space I have a response that makes them soil their underwear. I've also used it when deep in the woods needing to get the attention of others that have ridden out of sight.
I have a 1974 Norton too and the horn only irritates insects :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts