R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone.I recenty buy r1200gsa 2016.Im not new in motorbike world but definitely new in adventure class riding.So here comes the question for all experienced 1200 drivers.Is it casual for this engine not to pull hard between 4,5-6k'Its like something is holding it back because at 6k engine start pulling like some old vtec honda car...at first i checked air filter and u wouldnt believe what i found in there,one velocity stack was not installed and was just laying there,stopping air to enter throttle body.I was quite happy because i thought this was major problem.As i later noticed the lack of power/pull in that range was much better, but still dont pull as i would expected to..Before this motorbike in drove 2 of the newer version (1250) for around 3000km and i know that maybe i expect too much from my bike.Bike has 35k,and spark plugs,oil,air filter was changed.Other that that nothing special.I have read alot of posts and some mention when u deactivate ex. flapper that motor pull better mid range,and others mention air filter change for sponge one...im really considering to take my bike to dyno and take a look what my power/torque curve looks like.
Thanks anyone for comment and sharing your 5cents

Tim

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 1200 has a bit of a flat spot in the torque curve around 5500 rpm, you can certainly feel when it starts pulling again at 6000.

Reactions: mikec and VTBMWGS

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Tim, Rider2 is correct about the flat spot in the torque curve. I think I've "fixed" that on my '18 GSA. I ordered an AF-Xied unit from Beemer Boneyard and installed it. The difference in the throttle is perceptible. It definitely has better low-end grunt and I not longer notice the flat spot around 5500.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tnx guys,as long as this in normal i m ok with that.Was a bit scared of this because i have recently buy this bike and last thing i would need right now is that something is not as it should be.It did cross my mind that i would try to buy PC V and try to solve that flat spot on dyno...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts