R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this 2016 motorcycle has a wet clutch as the engine and tranny share the same lubricating oil.....instead of buying the dealer's expensive oil do any of you know of an oil I can use ?? I had a 2005 GS and used Mobil 1 15 w 50 full synthetic....will the Mobil 1 work in my new GS ??

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
From Amazon, it works out to $8.50 a quart, the same oil from the dealer is $16.75.

Plus my dealer is 155 miles away, so I keep a couple of filters on hand....when I'm down to two quarts I buy another 6-pack. Two 6-packs equals three oil changes.

·
Administrator
1,379 Posts
You guys aren't seriously resurrecting a 7 year old oil thread, right? Maybe it's our fault that we don't have a sticky thread for the oil topic. Look for MA/MA2 rating on the oil. Use the weight listed in the rider's manual. It's all good.

·
Administrator
1,718 Posts
You guys aren't seriously resurrecting a 7 year old oil thread, right? Maybe it's our fault that we don't have a sticky thread for the oil topic. Look for MA/MA2 rating on the oil. Use the weight listed in the rider's manual. It's all good.
Cleaned up the thread a bit and added as a sticky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts