R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Ive been offered an R1250 Exclusive by a dealer but I’m unsure apart from the colour what the difference is between the Rally and the Exclusive ? If some one could tell me I’d be very grateful as I can’t seem to find it online.
Thanks

·
Super Awesom Person
529 Posts
There is a R1250GS Adventure, or a R1250GS Exclusive, or a R1250GS Rally.
The Adventure or "GSA" has a 7.9 gallon gas tank, crashbars and extra lights. It also has longer shocks and different rake and trail. Perfect if you want to go to Alaska.
The Exclusive has a 5.3 gallon gas tank and sits a bit lower. and without the extras. That's what I have and plan to go to Alaska in June. I'll carry extra gas.
The Rally is set up more dirt orientated and with a different seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve put a deposit on the Exclusive to secure the bike and plan to go see it on Thursday, there’s only £250 between the exclusive and the Rally, if I’m spending that amount of money l’d want the extras

·
Registered
46 Posts
The only difference in the Exclusive is the paint scheme that's all. I own one 7.9 gallons of fuel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Adventure or "GSA" has a 7.9 gallon gas tank, crashbars and extra lights. It also has longer shocks and different rake and trail. Perfect if you want to go to Alaska.
The Exclusive has a 5.3 gallon gas tank and sits a bit lower. and without the extras. That's what I have and plan to go to Alaska in June. I'll carry extra gas.
Your facts are incorrect. The only difference is the color...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I’ve found out from Motorrad the difference is, the colour and a plastic boot guard or frame guard, everything is identical......the confusion may have come from early Rally additions that were a more basic bike for the hard off road people, these were quickly discontinued as people specked them up...by the way I bought the Exclusive. Not sure when I’m going to get to use it with this virus going around.
This information supplied by Motorrad is for U.K. bikes, I’m not sure if things change around the world.
Thanks for all comments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the US, the Rally also comes from the factory with radiator guards. The standard Adeventure does not. I ordered the guards for ~$50 USD and installed them in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I guess it might depend on where you're riding to Alaska from but we did the trip in April (before many places were reopened for the season) leaving the US across into Vancouver by way of the Yellowhead Highway and Cassier to Watson's Lake, then the ALCAN into Alaska and down to Anchorage. We rode four standard 2018 R1200GS bikes and with the strategy that we'd ride off the top half of the tank, needed to carry no additional gas. In June, everywhere will likely be open and you'll have no trouble. The longest stretch was up the Cassier where there is nothing until you get to Meziadin Lake. Make sure you gas up before you turn on to the Cassier.

Sorry for the thread highjack but just wanted to point out that with good planning there's really a very rare need for that extra fuel in a GSA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,
Ive been offered an R1250 Exclusive by a dealer but I’m unsure apart from the colour what the difference is between the Rally and the Exclusive ? If some one could tell me I’d be very grateful as I can’t seem to find it online.
Thanks
I have an R1250 GS Adventure Exclusive. The only difference between the regular Adventure and the Exclusive are Gold colored brake calipers and some Bold New Graphics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The other difference that I've noticed is the seat. Exclusive comes with the normal rider + passenger seat. The Ralleye comes with a single piece ralleye seat.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There’s also the HP GS, HP GS Adventure and HP Sport models. The HP GS and the HPGSA are color schemes only. The HPSport has longer suspension travel and is, therefore a taller bike. It is designed for heavy off road riding by heavy riders.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2020 R1250GS adventure has different suspension travel, front 8.3" rear 8.7"
2020 R1250GS exclusive has front 7.5", rear 7.9"
seat height is impacted.
2020 R1250GS HP front 7.5" rear 7.9"
from BMW website.
My 2018 R1200GS Rallye supposedly has the same suspension as the adventure model, so higher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
are your plans for Alaska changing due to covid-19? I'd like to possibly join you on this trip since my riding buddy is having difficulty getting a bike at the moment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts