R1200GS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Service manager said it is covered and as I said above message says if more than 36,000 miles replace shaft. I tried to get him to send me the message but he said that is not possible, hopefully I can read it when I take the bike in. He is also looking into getting the vent and other things he needs per the message. As always the real test will be when I take it in.

Reactions: scarab1987

·
Registered
2018 R1200GS Rallye
23 Posts
Service manager said it is covered and as I said above message says if more than 36,000 miles replace shaft. I tried to get him to send me the message but he said that is not possible, hopefully I can read it when I take the bike in. He is also looking into getting the vent and other things he needs per the message. As always the real test will be when I take it in.
Please keep us posted on your results & good luck!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Please keep us posted on your results & good luck!!
Will do. Dealer called again yesterday and said everything is ordered to include what he needs to do Service Enhancement on other bikes too. He has no idea how long to get stuff in as it is still crazy with supply issues. I told him to order new boots too and I would pay for them if not covered.

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've just seen in UK forum that there are quite e few owners with rubber valve lost. They say the valve only has the flange on the top, stopping it to fall off to the ground but as it has no flange on the bottom, if you push it or pressure wash your bike, it will fall off into the driveshaft housing.
Can't they make it right?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine is a March 2022 production date. Here is a picture.

Mine looks exactly like yours underneath. Which thing is the valve? How do you know the production date of your bike? I used to know where to find this stuff, but I forgot..

I would love to not spline lube and not worry about the seal leaking on the rubber cover letting water into the driveshaft area. I'm not a true off-roader but I've been on one unpaved county road in MO that went through 4 streams...and did another route with a water hazard. Epic roads but now I'm concerned about rust/humidity inside there wrecking splines and the U-joint. I want to keep my new bike nice!

·
Administrator
1,822 Posts
Mine looks exactly like yours underneath. Which thing is the valve? How do you know the production date of your bike? I used to know where to find this stuff, but I forgot..

I would love to not spline lube and not worry about the seal leaking on the rubber cover letting water into the driveshaft area. I'm not a true off-roader but I've been on one unpaved county road in MO that went through 4 streams...and did another route with a water hazard. Epic roads but now I'm concerned about rust/humidity inside there wrecking splines and the U-joint. I want to keep my new bike nice!
No need to worry, its maintenance-free.
😄

·
Registered
41 Posts

There is only one rubber protruding thing underneath the rear shaft, that's it. The production date can be found by the right radiator (looking at the bike from the front).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts