R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Impulse buys are always my favorite!...

I got the 2020 R1250GS HP....it also came with sport suspension. I wanted everything else, so took the one that was available.

It does ride 'hard'. Has anyone swapped it out, or is there a way to make it less 'hard'? I've tried playing with the suspension settings but still feel a bit of a 'kick' when I hit bumps. I ride 80/20 road/dirt...and I'd like the 80 to be 'better'.

I have not had an opportunity to compare it to the non sport suspension one.. that will happen end of Oct.

Any suggestions/ideas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Manually adjust the suspension setting to soft. That worked for me.
PS: The suspension is stiff when brand new

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do the HP's have Dynamic ESA? What preload and dampening settings do you have it in? And a little more info on what you mean by "hard" would be helpful. Like too much preload, too much compression dampening, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi... I normally run Dynamic suspension and auto preload. I played around the last couple of days and tried. Road and Min... Too squishy... I'm starting to feel like Goldy Locks... Looking for Just Right! 😊

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi... I normally run Dynamic suspension and auto preload. I played around the last couple of days and tried. Road and Min... Too squishy... I'm starting to feel like Goldy Locks... Looking for Just Right! 😊
Try cycling the preload adjuster. Sometimes my auto gets stuck and won't auto-adjust. Cycling it from min-hard-auto seems to return normal operation. Regardless, I have always thought the dampening was never quite right. Too under-dampened in "road" and too overdampened (especially high-speed compression) in "dynamic"

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also bought the HP with sport suspension and haven't tried standard susp. Usually run it in road mode and feels good to me. Would not call it hard.Do very little off road riding.Dynamic will stiffen it up a bit and get better feedback when hitting the twisties . Owned an R1200R with very similar susp settings (but inverted forks in front) and GS beats it .Interested in your opinion (or anyone else's after riding sport vs non sport

1 - 7 of 7 Posts