R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to purchase and install a rally style bench seat on my 2019 R1200 GS HP?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers. Anyone have any experience with the BMW rally seat? Is it comfortable (unlike most of their seats)? I guess this is something one orders through the dealerships?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks for the answers. Anyone have any experience with the BMW rally seat? Is it comfortable (unlike most of their seats)? I guess this is something one orders through the dealerships?
Chipster my bike came with one......Your feet will be more planted since its narrower on the front, long distances it wasnt very comfortable because its not meant for long distances....more offroad oriented.
Try advrider.......someone will be selling at half the price of the dealer. Buy it use it, if you dont like it resell it there or here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you sir for the good advice. I had not thought about long distance riding on a bench seat. I am tall, bought the tallest GS I could find, and, I ride typically long distances. 1100 miles in one day is my longest. Not usually but 350-500 miles/day not unusual. I will have to look around. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm probably, but not sure I'll be selling my Touratech 1 piece tall rally seat. I just ordered a rider's tall seat from Seat Concepts as the TT is too skinny for a long day. 3 or 4 hrs is my limit, then I'm squirming. Great on the trails as you can easily shift your weight to the rear when needed without your legs being forced open by the width of the seat.

I'm finding I'm doing less trails and just switched back to the AA3 tires from the Karoo 3's

Not sold on the SC until I get it and I'm being told 4~6 weeks to make and ship due to CV19

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a rally seat that I probably won't be keeping because the rear cover is in conflict with my Jesse top box mount, grrr. I commute through traffic, so the top box is essential. Not enough trail riding to justify a seat dedicated to trails when most miles and time are spent on the road. Point is, a top box mount is a potential conflict with the rally seat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’m 6’3” 200lbs on R1250GS and went with the high rally seat because it fits closer to the tank. With lower TT pegs it gives me the leg room I need, but long rides do become a pain in the butt. Custom job on the list. Both the standard and BMW high comfort seats are garbage. Especially when set in the high position, the gap between the tank and the seat is huge so I end up sitting on the rim of the seat and because the foam is so soft the seat rim digs in and is extremely uncomfortable. I really cannot fathom how BMW can design a seat so bad for so long. Even the old oil cooled GS seats were leaps and bounds ahead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ride a 2017 GS1200 Rallye The seat is not good for two up. It is very comfortable for long rides and is nice if you are off road and need the extra room to shift your weight back. I plan to get after market two up seats similar to stock. Does anyone have opinions or recommendations? I am looking at Sargent and Saddleman or what ever!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts